This page tells you about me, Wendy Perez.
I have a learning difficulty but that’s not the most important thing about me. I am an individual. I want people to see me as me.
Some things about me:
- I was one of the first people with a learning difficulty in the UK to have a Direct Payment.
- I worked as a trainer for Paradigm, a well-known consultancy organisation.
- I have worked for St George’s Hospital and King’s College and was involved in writing Valuing People.
- I have written for Learning Disability Today, Books Beyond Words and Viewpoint.
- I helped to write a number of good practice guides about health and person-centred planning – for the Royal College of Psychiatrists, Joseph Rowntree Foundation and the NHS.
- I’m working on a new version of Keys to Citizenship with Simon Duffy.
- Now I have my own company. I am a trainer and consultant.